Saturday, November 12, 2011

Weeding

Weeding was a difficult process for me. My goal was to pull books in the 300 sections. I didn't ask our LMS what to Weed I wanted to evaluate and do it myself. (Of course I wasn't really weeding and discarding books without her knowledge)  I was looking for current books that dealt with social issues such as homelessness. I began weeding the Social Science books. Our Media Center is routinly weeding and there were not many books that should have been discarded.  I did ask her about currency of books in the Social Sciences. She reported that the books on homeless that I did find are canidates that need to be weeded. The most current non-fiction book was from 1992. I would have discarded this book because homelessness has taken on a different meaning with so many people losing their homes during the housing bust due to foreclosures.

No comments:

Post a Comment