Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Checklist Item: Teacher

I headed up Banned Book Week at Clarke Middle School. I researched books that have been either challenge or banned in history  that we currently hold at Clarke Middle School . I created a display of these books at school and made a banned book signs that I displayed in the library media center.  For the virtual display part of this item on the checklist I mixed and edited  5 banned book trailers that I found on Youtube. Here is one example of my creation  These were played at the beginning of the morning announcements during banned book week. Students did seem excited about banned book week as many of the books from my display were checked out.  I think that the trailers were very beneficial for the students. What I learned from this is that there are many great Web 2.0 items at our disposal for sharing and using. Using Moviemaker I was able to edit these trailers and also add some of my creation (banned book trivia, information about books, etc)  I really enjoyed this assignment. Time Spent 7 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment